Take a deep breathe, fly to paradise in the Caribbean and renew yourself at your own pace in St. Lucia. Here you can achieve that ideal tan on miles of beaches with spectacular sunsets, mingling with nature or rock to the rhythm of the tropics.
As you plan your visit to any of the St. Lucia hotels, once you arrive, it will far exceed your expectations. St. Lucia is seamlessly flawless with the warm, clear, inviting sea and mountainside vistas and valleys filled with banana plantations. You will find that St. Lucia hotels offer unparallel views, distinctive service, local culture, festivals and the hot rhythms of steel drums.
Playing host to leading celebrities, singles, honeymooners and families, there are numerous 4 and 5 star St. Lucia hotels on this island. Your biggest dilemma will be which one to choose. No wonder it has become a favorite among newlyweds, looking for that hideaway or engaged couples looking to have a tropical wedding.
Spa and wellness treatments are offered in St. Lucia hotels too. Their professionals will eliminate everyday stress by creating a rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit. Splurge for the new and different, such as an open air massages or sea scrub to make your skin aglow.
Families need not be concerned that their children will be bored with their stay in this lush island retreat. St. Lucia hotels offer special facilities just for children such as kid’s camps, broken up by appropriate age groups, and other special activities as well meal service just for children.
St Lucia present not only totally luxury surroundings for accommodations but offer a private oasis with a limitless array of activities. Besides, lounging along the fine white sand beaches, couples, families and singles can head out to partake in playing golf, diving, scuba diving, snorkeling, sea kayaking and sailing.
Always at your service, the first class hotels and resorts in St. Lucia have staff that will help you select and arrange options to fit with your personal lifestyle and interests. They can make arrangements for an all terrain vehicle to drive within the lush mountainous rainforests and visit various hidden away waterfalls.
If hiking is your forte, the hotel staff can readily map out a number of nature trails throughout the region among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation.
Several annual events take place during the course of the year with a favorite being the Food and Rum Festival.
With the countless activities, beaches, deluxe lodgings and festivals, St. Lucia does sound inviting as a perfect sanctuary to consider for your next holiday.
– The currency of St. Lucia is known as the Eastern Caribbean dollar. It is not on par with the US dollar, although US dollars will be accepted. Currently, conversion rates are approximately 2.70EC to 1 US
– All visitors over the age of 12 must pay a departure tax. Obtain the most recent rate from the St. Lucia Air and Seaport Authority.
– Mini busses are available on the island as well as rental autos.
– Check with the hotel if they have adapters for electric current. Many hotels use the British format of three-prong sockets.
– A valid passport is necessary for all US citizens to enter into St. Lucia.
– There are two airports on the island of St. Lucia. The Hewanorra International Airport Vieux Fort (UVF) handles international travel, while George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU) is utilized for service to neighboring islands.